Stop taking hours to check your lumber with oven-dry samples or a pinned handheld meter. KilnScout-Hardwood is a wireless moisture system specially designed for hardwood kilns. The system provides real-time moisture measurements for drying optimization and control strategies. Each sensor uses capacitance to measure 17 cubic feet of the package, providing an accurate representation of product moisture content during drying.
The KilnScout-Hardwood kiln moisture meter system has been designed specifically with hardwood mills in mind. Using capacitive measurement technology, KilnScout-Hardwood allows your operation to control the drying process from direct moisture content input. This eliminates the need for spending hours checking oven-dry samples or using a handheld pin moisture meter. Handhelds damage the lumber and only allow you to check the outside boards, rather than the middle of package, where more moisture issues may exist. The result is improved grade recovery, increased throughput and a significant impact on your bottom line.
- Real-time moisture and temperature readings
- Full integration with existing control systems and other SCSFP products
- Advanced monitoring and reporting software
- 17 cubic feet of measurement per sensing point
- Number of sensors is scalable
- Customized email and text alerts on moisture temperature, shutdown, etc.
- Remote monitoring capabilities
- Accuracy up to ± 1% when compared to oven dry
- Advance drying schedules based on real-time moisture content
- Optimize quality and throughput
- Flexibility to measure anywhere in the kiln – 90-foot wireless transmission range
- Actively monitor drying and temperature profiles
- Sensor maintenance requires no kiln down time
- Reduce sample testing
- Dimensions: 7 in (L) x 3 in (W) x 1.2 in (D)
- Weight: 14 oz
- Power: Lithium Batteries, AA x2
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to +203°F
- Radio Frequency: 915 MHz