The Model 9XDC wood & plaster moisture meter, also known at the painter’s moisture meter, is a low-cost, rugged meter designed to test the moisture content of wood, dry-wall and wall plaster.
It is widely known that blistering, peeling and scaling of paint are the results of painting surfaces that have not dried thoroughly. Even when using water based paints, it is crucial to proper paint performance to be sure the material is at the right moisture content before painting. If you are a painting contractor, paint dealer, building inspector or architect, the Model 9XDC provides a reliable means of spot-checking surfaces before paint is applied.
In addition, Model 9XDC wood & plaster moisture meter is also helpful in detecting roof, plumbing leaks as well as wood rot before extensive damage occurs. The wood technology indicates that wood rot is most common when wood moisture content exceeds 20 percent. Users in the pest industry will find the Model 9XDC invaluable in helping to locate conditions where wood decay and “dry-rot” are creating a breeding ground for pests.
Key Model 9XDC wood & plaster moisture meter features:
- Easy to use, simply insert the needle into test area
- Portable pocket size meter weighs less than 8 ounces
- Easy to read LED lights shows actual moisture content, no calibration chart or tables!
- Advanced, micro-controller circuit requires no adjustments
- Test moisture content from 12% to 28% for wood and 3% to 7% for plaster
- Ideal for Painters, Contractors, Lumber Yards, Exterminators, and Hobbyists