Sawmill Green Lumber Sorting System
The transverse sawmill meter sorts pieces into four moisture groups with similar drying characteristics by assigning a dry-ability index number. This critical first step in end-to-end moisture control improves kiln performance by reducing aggregate standard deviation and total drying time when compared to unsorted loads.
- Increases kiln productivity by up to 15% and decreases moisture content variation after drying up to 2%
- Maintains consistent sorting year-round – even with frozen wood
- Capable of measuring boards at up to 250 lugs/min and passing sort decision to PLC
- Painted loads allow for optimal kiln charges to be built by fork lift operators
- Software monitors production for daily shift reports and